Monday, July 14, 2008

Simple Spicy Fried Rice Vermicelli with Dried Shrimps

In short, the dish is actually Fried Bee Hoon with Udang Kering. Haha. Much like how I managed to experiment with cooking my Fried Broad Noodles with Fish Cake dish, I came out with this successful experiment by sheer inspiration. You see, every morning, a makcik will be selling all those simple fried noodles, nasi lemak and such right in front of my home. And of all the foodie she sells, I took on a fancy for her super delicious, yet simple and ridiculously addictive spicy fried bee hoon.

But since she always wraps up her business even before 9am, it has really been difficult for both superheroes to catch up with her to get her fried bee hoon. So, I figured... since it's not really a very difficult dish to cook, I mean it's just bee hoon what?! Haha. I decided to try cooking the dish on my own, with dried shrimps as the main ingredient.



Soak the bee hoon for a little while till it softens. OH, rinse and soak the dried shrimps too. Then chop the softened dried shrimps into smaller little pieces, but make sure it's not too tiny because otherwise you will be left with nothing to chew on. Haha. Finely-chop some garlic, prepare a little sambal paste, cut some cabbage into tiny bits and that's it. Ready to cook!

Throw in the garlic first, some salt to taste and next, the dried shrimps. Add in a little sambal paste because you don't want the dish to be overtly spicy later on. Then throw in the cabbage, stir fry everything in the wok and in the end, throw in the bee hoon. Fry and stir till the distribution of the ingredients is even.

And my simple Spicy Fried Rice Vermicelli with Dried Shrimps is ready...!




Now don't underestimate the looks of this simple fried dish as it's really ultra delicious. The dried shrimp is the magic ingredient that lends its fragrance to the sambal paste. Fast and easy to prepare, I believe this very homely dish is going to be a staple dish for the two superheroes. Love it. *grins*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow..simple and nice.. superS, you are getting to be a super Cook lah.. i know frying beehoon takes skill.. coz it can either all stick to the pan or come out hard (the inside)..bravo :)


twosuperheroes said...

Haha...thanks for praising me, dear Y! So paiseh... thank goodness my bee hoon came out all right. Phew! Thought of giving you some to try out but felt like the foodie is too simple so dare not. Haha. *blushing*


Unknown said...

superS..oh..thank you for the thought and please no food is too simple to share. My curry chicken which was shared during the food exchange program is much simpler to do than your beehoon...beehoon is always tricky for me :(


twosuperheroes said...

Oh..curry chicken is so much more complicated (for me, that is!) Haha. Next time I'll try to figure out how to put more ingredients inside the bee hoon so that it's more presentable to share with others! :p