Thursday, August 28, 2008

My First Kung Pao Chicken

Superhero S has always been wanting to try cooking one of Superhero W's top of the list dishes. As her cooking inspirations usually come from Superhero Mum's cooking at home, she has never been able to learn how to cook Kung Pao Chicken because even Superhero Mum have not tried cooking the dish herself. So what now? *worried*

I've actually had it in my mind, formulating the possible ingredients and sauces involved whenever I try out any Kung Pao Chicken dishes in restaurants. Well, die die lah. Never try, never know. Haha. So first of all, I marinated the chicky chunks with a dash of light soy sauce, white pepper, a pinch of salt, some sesame oil and corn flour, and set it aside for the flavour to be released. Too bad I didn't have any cashew nuts at home, otherwise I'm sure it would lend a hint of sweetness and crunchiness to the dish.

Cut the big onions into smaller pieces, take out the seeds in the dried chillies and soak 'em. I used about 10 pieces of dried chillies for a stronger kick of spicyness. Heat up the oil and fry the chicken first before setting it aside. Next, throw in some finely-chopped garlic, the onions and the dried chillies. Give it a little stir, then throw in the chicken. Give it a little dash of light soy sauce and some dark soy sauce, not forgetting the sugar. Well, I suppose that should be it! Haha.

Presenting, my first Kung Pao Chicken...



To be honest, I didn't know if my crazy recipe was going to work out or not. So, what do you think? Haha. From the looks of it, it sure got the looks of the Kung Pao Chicken! But how about the taste eh?



*Come Superhero W, try my Kung Pao Chicken... tries to feed him with a piece of chicken!* Haha. Well you know what? I really can't believe that it tasted exactly like the Kung Pao Chicken we usually have outside! Arhhhhhhhh....!! I did it! Haha.

And that concludes, yet another successful first attempt by Superhero S... *smiles happily*

3 comments:

Olive Poppy said...

Must. Add. Cashew. Nuts. :P


Tekkaus said...

Wow! You sure have a heck of taste buds. You can even replicate the exact taste out of it. Hmm...perhaps next time you can go curi other famous chefs secret recipes! Muahahaha :D


twosuperheroes said...

I know I know, missmall. But. Ran. Out. Of. Cashew. Nuts. Haha.. :p

Wow, tekkaus... Haha. To be able to replicate exactly is super compliment. Mine's just a modest first time attempt! But nevertheless, glad it worked out on the first try :)