Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Penang's Dim Sum is the best!!

Okay-lah..despite being a Malaccan, I have to admit it that I still prefer Penang's dim sum!! (Even though there are some good dim sums served in Malacca!)

Having Superhero Bro(s) who are living in Penang, the two superheroes and the Superhero Mom would occasionally travel up north to this cute, little island fondly known as the Pearl of the Orient. And being there means lotsa delicious food...Penang-mah... :p

But most of all, we would always go for our fav dim sum in Penang. I'm not really familiar with Penang..but I suppose the one that we always go to that serves the best dim sum I've eaten so far is at Farlim, near Sunshine. A little bit far, but the trip is well worth it!

They seriously serve quality dim sum I tell ya! ALL PRAWN fillings you know...!!! And I'm not talking abt those little shrimps, these are the huge ones..!! (Superhero S is slightly allergic to prawns but she still loves the dim sum!)

They have all sorts of dim sum, soooooooo many varieties and you even have those so-called "shark's fin soup", fried carrot cakes, steamed fish head, etc. But most of all, we love those huge fish balls!! (Ngap! Yummy...!!!) Hehe... :p

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er, I beg to differ.. I think the Ipoh dim sum is the best. Not the one at Fo San but there is another 2 more shops facing each other. The dim sum in KL is horrendous la.. too much mixed pork meat. Ipoh's got lots of shrimps! :D Anyway, just my 2 cents. Cheers.


twosuperheroes said...

Never tried the ones in Ipoh though..I thought Ipoh is famous for their hor fun??Hehe..Yeah..same here, I really hate those with lotsa porky!(even Superhero W can't eat them too!):p


Jason Lioh said...

Ipoh one's the best okay! Check the dim sums out here. Theirs have pork but most of their dim sums are filled with more prawns than pork.


twosuperheroes said...

Okay okay..next time we will go Ipoh and try the dim sums there ok.. Hope got not much porky, otherwise Superhero W will have to see me eat only! :p


Unknown said...

ooo.. yummy dim sums in penang and ipoh..I've only tried the dim sum from Lee's Garden in Ipoh. Wonder where the nice and reasonable ones are in KL though.... i love dim sums...mmmm


twosuperheroes said...

Hi Anthraxxxx, oh yeah..haha..Superhero S is from Malacca, but works undercover in KL! :p That explains why she would always drag Superhero W back to Malacca to visit her Superhero Mom..!

Yozoranitesky, you are a dim sum fan eh?? hehe..same here! Yeah..cheers to the dim sims in Penang (and Ipoh!). Well, as for KL..I seriously don't know where to get those quality ones..that's sad..! :p